Thursday, August 22, 2013

What Now? and Here's to the Moms

So, all my teacher friends are setting up their classrooms this week and just had Meet the Teacher night.  It's beyond weird not to have my own classroom and students to meet.  But it certainly was a pleasure to finally attend Meet the Teacher for my OWN offspring. This was a first for me, since my own night was always at the same time as my kids'.  I was even able to sell some t-shirts at the PTA table...so needless to say I'm feeling very Mother of the Year.  (enter slight sarcasm here)

But, even though I have frequent opportunity of late to give myself a pat on the back for how great of a mom I am (you know what to do), I am having a hard time with this adjustment.  Luckily, my dear mother and mother-in-law are taking pity on me.  They have all of the sudden starting asking me for help with projects here and there, which of course makes me not a little thrilled.  :)  You need help with a... project you say??? PROJECTS!!!  and there's my fix.

For my fabulous MIL, Tiny, I am on a quest to sell some of her fancy baby toys that my little kiddos played with long ago, I have made her a blanket, and I am now about to begin to design her 40th Anniversary Invitations.  This is something I'm very excited about.  I LOVE designing and digital scrapbooking, and I make my own Christmas cards.  But this takes my little hobby to a new level, and I hope I can deliver.

My own dear mother has commissioned a slew of teacher supplies & decor from my collection, and that has made my hands super happy.  If I get to use pretty card stock, glue and fun fonts, that's pretty close to paradise for me.  And thanks to mom, her requests have led me to further develop my Teachers Pay Teachers store, which just might help me get a pedicure once a month!  Yay, mom!

So even though it's not my own household chaos being cured this week, thanks to the moms in my life I am satiated and happy.  Cheers to you lovely ladies.


No comments:

Post a Comment